The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has announced 1,000 job vacancies for teachers.
In a statement on Tuesday, January 26, the commission invited applicants for suitably qualified candidates to fill the posts in line with the career progression guidelines for teachers
The guidelines come into play in the recruitment, retention, development, training, and promotion of teachers to ensure they meet the set standards.
“The deliverables expected of each cadre of teachers has also been clearly set out. This is expected to facilitate the setting of performance targets and accurate measurement of performance,” TSC CEO Nancy Macharia stated.
The vacant positions advertised are:
Secondary Teacher I – 492 posts, Senior Master IV – 363 posts, Deputy Principal III – 72 posts, Senior Principal -15 posts, Deputy Principal II – 30 posts, and Senior Lecturer IV -28 posts
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications, should make their applications online through the TSC website www.tsc.go.ke so as to be received on or before February 9, 2021.
“The online application portal will be available by end of the day (Tuesday, January 26)” the commission stated.
It added that manual applications would not be considered in the reviewal process.
How to apply for TSC Teachers’ job.
1. Visit the Teachers Service commissions (TSC) online portal.
2. Once you sign into the portal, head over to the ‘Careers’ tab, click on it then proceed to ‘active promotions’.
4. Once on the page, you will be presented with two options ‘view/ apply’, you can view the details of the job then apply for the post.
5. You can then enter your surname, ID and TSC numbers to proceed.
6. Fill in the details that follow, they include basic, professional, and other details to complete the application
Some of the requirements for the vacancies
On the online portal, applicants shall be required to upload the following valid documents during application:
1) Certificate of registration as a teacher
2) Certificate of good conduct
3) Clearance Certificate by Higher Education Loans Board
4) Clearance Application from EACC
5) Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau
6) KRA Tax Compliance Certificate
7) Highest Academic Certificate
TSC noted that it was an equal-opportunity employer and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
The commission advised applicants to give accurate information while filling the documents.
“Those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified,” TSC warned.