A Russian woman has died of electric shock after her smartphone fell in the bath tub while she was charging it and having her bath at the same time.

From what we have gathered, the Office worker who has been identified as Anastasia Scherbinina, 25, who had previously worked as an aide to the local MP, was taking a bath when she got electrocuted at her home in Novosibirsk,

She took a bath before going to sleep, and had her smartphone with her,” said a report citing law enforcement.

It was almost out of charge, so she used a power cable, so as not to be apart with the smartphone even when taking a bath.

She dropped the phone and was electrocuted.

She died instantly.

A witness recounted.

This unfortunate incident follows warnings from the Russian authorities and police following a succession of deaths from electric shock by young people using phones in baths.